Entitled "ECOSED" for Circular ECOnomics of SEDiments, this chair aims to create a scientific, technological and partnership dynamic around the management of port and river sediments with a view to developing relevant recovery methods in civil engineering applications. We can cite as possible examples of outlets the incorporation of these sediments to make roads, prefabricated type concretes (pouring concrete cubes or concrete for street furniture), landscape mounds, embankments, artificial aggregates to consolidate the beaches.
One of the originalities of this chair is the multidisciplinary nature of the research carried out, combining material and environmental aspects (mechanics, physics, chemistry, etc.) but also health (ecotoxicology) and the consideration of socio-economic components (economics, geography, sociology, law ). Another particularity of the chair comes from the wide range of its partners: managers of ports or canals, producers and users of materials for building and public works, design offices... Articulated around several research axes (5 main axes and 2 cross-cutting axes), the actions were carried out in consultation with industrialists and researchers in order to identify new recovery channels responding to a concern for economic profitability.
- Ministry of Ecology and Sustainable Development and Energy
- Regional Directorate for the Environment, Planning and Housing – DREAL Nord-Pas de Calais
- Nord-Pas de Calais Regional Council
- North Department
- European metropolis of Lille
- Artois-Picardy Water Agency
- Institut Mines-Télécom Nord Europe
- ARF (Recycling and Formulation Activities)
- Boulonnais careers
- Grand Autonomous Port of Dunkirk
- NEO-ECO recycling
- Waterways of France
More informations : ECOSED industrial chair website